IR-2020-52, March 9, 2020
WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service today reminded taxpayers, businesses, tax professionals and others to take advantage of a wide variety of free IRS email subscription services that feature things like the annual “Dirty Dozen” list of tax scams, which is coming this month.
The e-News Subscription service issues tax information by email for many different audiences providing tips, tools and helpful materials of interest to taxpayers and organizations. Among others, the IRS offers subscription services tailored to tax exempt and government entities, small and large businesses as well as individuals. The service is easy to use; sign up for by visiting IRS e-News Subscriptions.
The IRS currently has 20 registration-based e-News options, including:
- IRS Tax Tips – These brief, concise tips in plain language that cover a wide-range of topics of general interest to taxpayers. They include the latest on tax scams and schemes, tax reform, tax deductions, filing extensions and amending a return. IRS Tax Tips are distributed daily during tax season and periodically throughout the year.
- IRS Newswire − Subscribers to IRS Newswire receive news releases the day they are issued. These cover a wide range of tax administration issues ranging from breaking news to details related to legal guidance.
- IRS News in Spanish (Noticias del IRS en Español) − Readers get IRS news releases, tax tips and updates in Spanish as they are released. Subscribe at Noticias del IRS en Español.
- e-News for Tax Professionals − Includes a weekly roundup of news releases and legal guidance specifically designed for the tax professional community. Subscribing to e-News for Tax Professionals gets tax pros a weekly summary, typically delivered on Friday afternoons.
- IRS Outreach Connection − This newest IRS subscription offering delivers up-to-date materials for tax professionals and partner groups inside and outside the tax community. The material for Outreach Connection is specifically designed so subscribers can share the material with their clients or members through email, social media, internal newsletters, e-mails or external websites. Subscribe by visiting IRS.gov/outreachconnect.
For more information and other IRS subscriptions designed for specific groups, visit IRS e-News Subscriptions. The resources will help taxpayers and organizations keep up with the latest information during and after filing season.